Val Sluetzky counsels individuals and families in the implementation of various estate planning techniques. His practice includes developing complex wealth transfer strategies (including family business succession planning and charitable and split-interest trust arrangements) as well as crafting revocable living trusts that are sensitive to family law property characterization concerns.
In addition, Val advises individual and corporate fiduciaries and beneficiaries concerning trust, probate, estate administration and tax compliance matters.
Prior to joining Johnston, Kinney & Zulaica LLP, Val was a Senior Associate at Anderson Yazdi Hwang Minton + Horn LLP and Greene Radovsky Maloney Share & Hennigh LLP.
· Comprehensive estate planning with a sensitivity to family law issues and the minimization of estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer (GST) taxes
· Intra-family transactions, including loans and sales between family members
· Real estate transfer and ownership planning, including co-tenancy arrangements
· Intergenerational dynastic trust planning
· Asset protection advice and planning
· Family business succession entities, including limited partnerships and limited liability companies
· Trust, probate and estate administration